November 2008


Here’s some early morning pictures of the hat, both sides (it’s blocking on a Corelle plate).

Hat (top)

Hat (top)

 

Hat (underside)

Hat (underside)

Advertisements

Well, the hat is completed and seamed, and I’m now waiting for it to dry post-blocking.

Blocked hat

Blocked hat

(No, it’s not really drying on that batik fabric; it’s drying on a wire rack. This picture was taken pre-wetting.)

So, yesterday the Christmas tree went up. The star we have is too heavy for the wee spindly thing, so for right now there’s a giant red bow. However, I am in the middle of knitting a little white robe for a handmade doll (about 10″ tall but very light) and will craft her some wings and a halo once that’s done, and get her up on the tree. Hopefully by Monday… right?

Preview!

And here are her feet and the robe hem.

 

Blue hat cables

Blue hat cables

I’ve started the decreases today. Here’s the increase portion of the hat, with some 2-stitch cables at the bottom, every other one of which increases to a 6-stitch cable at the top.

Here’s a day’s progress on the beret. I’ve decided to go with cables, and increase every other cable one stitch at a time to make the beret increases. The beginning pattern is K2 P2 K2 P2 (with the K2 stitches twisted every 4 rows) and the ending pattern right before beginning the top decreases will be K2 P2 K6 P2. 

 

The first 3" of my hat

The first 3 inches

This is probably going to be a hat for my cousin, once I get it knitted up. It’s exactly 100g of merino yarn in a sky blue heather color.

sky blue recycled yarn

sky blue recycled yarn

Today’s task: homemade bias binding for napkins. Well, not really bias; I cut it straight off a yard of fabric and used my nifty tape maker to fold and iron it.

handmade binding tape

handmade binding tape

Next Page »